The Khalsa Care Foundation is a human service foundation providing community services to children, youth, and adults so they can participate in self-enhancing activities to make positive changes in their lives and the lives of others.
Its mission is to sustain social vitality and cultural vibrancy of the Sikh American heritage by strengthening family life, uplifting human services, and honoring the legacy of Sikh immigration to the United States by:
- Promoting awareness and understanding of Sikh traditions and values.
- Organizing the celebration of major Sikh events.
- Making Gurmat Sangeet, Sikh theology and history accessible.
- Improving and strengthening the family and community by providing opportunities for individuals to volunteer in community service.
- Fermenting leadership training within the Sikh youth that is based on core Sikh tenets of democracy, mutual respect and selfless community service.
- Create and foster a positive and accurate image of Sikhs in the media.